Question by Iggy: How is blogging done to promote ur website?
I need as much suggestions as possible. The more the better. I haven’t had the chance to sit and really go over the process. Again, looking for some answers where I can start blogging immediately.
Answer by andrewreloaded
Well you have to post relevant content to your blog that will help the market you have chosen. It is also good to have a lot of free stuff. Blogs are very search engine friendly. Now you still have to promote the blog. These are the steps i suggest you follow…
Traffic-Getting Jumpstart Master Plan
1. Pick a market
2. Register the domain
3. Install the Free SEO Blog Software
4. Change the blog’s theme
5. Install the banner ads, affiliate program ads, etc
6. Set up the email capture and first few follow up emails
7. Add content to blog
a. Run a social bookmarking campaign on blog with one group of bookmarking accounts logins and at different times and days.
b. Create supporting micro-sites mini-network (social profile pages at squidoo, hubpages, bumpzee, and small static hand built sites).
c. Run a social bookmarking campaign on your micro-sites mini-network with a different set of bookmarking logins and at different times and days.
8. Submit site to SEO friendly directories sites using directory submission services.
9. Create video
a. Distribute video with video sharing software
b. Run a social bookmarking campaign on the videos sharing pages.
Steps 1 – 9 are enough to jumpstart the traffic to your new blog, static website, ecommerce website… and it only takes an hour or two.
If this is a site or market that you know is worth spending additional time on then you can follow these additional steps.
The following steps don’t take that much additional time but should, and can easily be, outsourced.
10. Every month (or sooner) go back and run the social bookmarking campaign again using new social bookmarking logins at different times and days.
11. Every month (or sooner) go back and create a new micro-site or social profile page to support your micro-sites mini-network.
12. Add posts to the blog that link/pingback to other authority blogs in the market.
13. Pick specific posts on your blog that you’d like to rank higher.
a. Social bookmark those posts with random bookmarking login accounts
b. Create a videos specific to those posts and load to youtube
c. Blast that video out to video sharing sites
d. Social bookmark the videos on the video sharing sites with random bookmarking logins and at different times and days.
e. Find other authority blogs in the market and post content-rich comments on their blog with links heading back to the post you are trying to rank higher.
You can do the following steps yourself but I would strongly recommend you simply outsource them.
14. Outsource someone to spin articles for you and submit them to directories
15. Outsource someone to create new social bookmarking login accounts
16. Outsource someone to subscribe to your RSS feed and have them social bookmark your new posts (the RSS feed notifies them when there is a new post so they simply head over.
17. Outsource someone to post high-quality, relevant comments on other people’s blogs and forums (DO NOT COMMENT SPAM). Concentrate on ones that do not use the “no follow” attribute.
18. Rinse and Repeat steps 7 – 18+ for sites that are worth the effort.
What do you think? Answer below!